Since 1979, the 云顶集团地区的大学 Foundation has raised funds to support opportunities and innovation at 云顶集团地区的大学 and has filled critical financial needs.
The 云顶集团地区的大学 Foundation began in November 1978, when three men - Stuart Bergstein, 唐纳德J. Carlyon and Everett Luce - signed articles of incorporation for a new organization. The Foundation became officially incorporated by the State of Michigan on January 12, 1979.
The Foundation exists to raise, receive and administer donations for 云顶集团地区的大学, a related organization, by building relationships with donors and directing fundraising efforts to benefit the College’s students, educational programs, staff development, capital projects and other critical financial needs.
The Foundation has ranked in the top 20 community colleges in the nation, multiple times over the past two decades. Our efforts ensure a margin of excellence for our students and programs.
Our 任务, 愿景 & 值
To change lives by supporting opportunities and innovation at 云顶集团地区的大学.
To be the primary choice for giving.
Focus, Accountability, Integrity and Respect (FAIR)
Our Goals for The Year Ahead
The 云顶集团地区的大学 Foundation is a separate 501(c)3 that exists to help fill critical financial needs of the institution. We will achieve our vision and grow our resources by pursuing the following goals, which align with the 云顶集团地区的大学 Strategic Plan.
Building Student 奖学金
- Our goal is to increase the dollars available for scholarships by seeking additional annual and endowment contributions, as well as building our Foundation Student Scholarship 基金.
- This includes awarding and tracking the success of Possible Dream student scholarship recipients in the year ahead.
艺术, Humanities and Public Broadcasting
- Define and launch a “Placemaking” initiative, focused on spaces both inside and outside the campus buildings.
- Assist 云顶集团地区的大学’s WDCQ-TV in moving to a new generation of broadcast equipment.
- Help fund PBS and NPR on-air content including local documentaries.
- Help students become educated in social justice, sustainability and the impact of humanity on our society.
STEM Education in the Region
- Seek funding to support students engaged in STEM learning.
- Engage more businesses in the STEM Explorer and its activities.
- 基金 initiatives to get more young people engaged in STEM learning, while making connections to 云顶集团地区的大学’s relevant curriculum.
云顶集团地区的大学 has raised more than $90 million to support its students in private 部门捐款.
Through 云顶集团地区的大学 scholarships made available by private donations, nearly 500 students are able to go to college with less debt, and less worry.
Many individuals choose to make their largest contribution at the end of their lives through their estate planning documents. 20% of all estates today are donated to 慈善机构.
It's not hard to make sure your favorite charities are remembered upon your passing. 90% of all estate gifts are the result of simple plans such as wills and living trusts.
"Connecting with community supporters to talk about 云顶集团地区的大学 brings a tremendous amount of satisfaction. It's rewarding to know that the work of our Foundation Board members and staff can have such a positive affect on students and the residents of the Great Lakes Bay Region."
Executive Director of Institutional Advancement